"Considered by many to be the most beautiful beach in Erie County"
If you enjoy resting and relaxing, make a point to visit Bennett Beach. Our beaches are places of majesty and tranquility. You can start your summer vacation here by bringing your sunscreen, umbrellas, and beach balls. The sunsets are some of the best on the Great Lakes.
- Plant Life
Grassy fields, Wildflowers, Pussywillows
Rabbits, Deer, Squirrels
Waterfowl, Shorebirds, Gulls, Terns, Herons, Ducks
- Water Life
Steelhead trout, Lake Trout, Brown Trout
Bennett has everything you need for a day in the sun. You can plan on wind surfing, fishing, swimming, sunbathing and boating. The beach has a family atmosphere that everyone can enjoy.
It is an open beach (swimming does not open until 11 am; the park itself opens at 10 am). There are no shelters here, but grills and picnic tables are provided.
Swimming does not open at Bennett Beach until 6/16 (weather permitting). There is no swimming at Wendt Beach.
Bennett Beach Information:
- May 26th (Saturday)- June 15th (Friday) gates open ONLY Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Holidays; swimming prohibited
- June 16th (Saturday)- Sept. 3rd (Monday) gates open EVERYDAY; swimming permitted ONLY when lifeguards are on duty
- Beach Hours 10 am– 7 pm (gates locked at 7:30 pm)
- Prohibited: Alcohol or glass containers
- Fires or cooking on beach
- Floatation devices (life jackets, floats, tubes, rafts, etc.)
- Pets on beach
- Loud music
- Please discard all trash in receptacles provided
- Please stay out of dunes and protected areas