Question: What financial obligations do I have while on Probation Supervision?
- Court ordered restitution is the first obligation to be paid out.
Court Surcharges and Fines
- You are obligated to pay all court ordered fees, fines, and restitutions. These payments can be made through the Probation Department.
Probation Supervision Fee
- Adults serving a sentence of Probation will pay a $35 per month Supervision Fee.
Drug Testing and Electronic Monitoring Fee
- If applicable, a one time $50 Drug Testing Fee and/or a $3 per day Electronic Monitoring Fee.
Question: How do I pay toward my financial obligations?
- The Cashier's Office is located on the 2nd floor of the Erie County Family Court Building located at:
One Niagara Plaza
Buffalo, NY 14202
- Payments are accepted, in person, between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm, Mon-Fri (closed on holidays).
- We accept cash, money order, certified check, VISA, Mastercard, American Express or Discover.
- If you are paying with someone else's credit card, that person must be present with proper identification.
- Payments by mail can be made with a certified check or money order ONLY.
- Be sure to write your name and PIN # clearly on your payment and mail to:
Erie County Probation Department
One Niagara Plaza
Buffalo NY, 14202
- NO PERSONAL CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED
- DO NOT SEND CASH
Question: What happens if I do not pay my financial obligations?
Court Ordered Fees, Fines, & Restitutions
- Failure to pay these obligations may result in a filing of a Violation of Probation with the court, a revocation of Probation Supervision and incarceration.
Probation Departmental Fees
- Failure to pay these fees may result in the denial of travel permits, denial of an early discharge of probation, and financial judgments. Financial judgments include liens on property, assets, and garnishment of wages. Filing fees and interest may be added to judgments.
Question: What if I cannot afford to pay the supervision fee?
- You may qualify for a hardship waiver. Click here for the qualifications guidelines and application.