DO YOU HAVE CONCERNS ABOUT FALLING?
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce falls risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
Mission Hills (FILLED)
2pm - 4pm
May 9 - June 27
3pm - 5pm
May 22 - July 10
2pm - 4pm
July 11 - August 29
There is NO CHARGE for this course, but you MUST REGISTER at:
NY Connects (716)858-8526 or email@example.com
Brought to you by Erie County Department of Senior Services / NY Connects.
A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls Volunteer Lay Leader Model 2006
This program is based on Fear of Falling: A Matter of Balance. Copyright 1995 Trustees of Boston University.
All rights reserved. Used and adapted by permission of Boston University.
Recognized for Innovation and Quality in Healthcare and Aging, 2006. American Society on Aging.