BEGINNING APRIL 1, 2015, the Erie County Sheriff’s Office is offering fingerprinting and Criminal History Record Information checks at the Identification Bureau on the 1st floor of 134 West Eagle Street. Please note that for Criminal History Record Information checks, requests must be notarized and presented IN PERSON, and that only forms properly filled out will be accepted.
Each fingerprint card costs $25
- Each card takes approximately 20 minutes.
- Cards may be supplied by the applicant or standard cards are available at the Identification Unit.
A Criminal History Record Information check costs $25; $1 for each additional copy provided
- Government issued picture identification must be presented at time of request and receipt of documents
- Accepted forms of ID:
- Driver’s License
- Non-Driver ID
- United Stated Military ID (Active, Reserve, or Retired)
- United States Passport accompanied with a utility bill (electric, gas, telephone, cell phone)
- U.S. Passport Card with a utility bill
- Current NYS Pistol Permit Card (paper card is not acceptable)
- Please allow 10 business days to complete
Click HERE for a printable form you can fill out prior to your appointment
- Please call 716.858.6566 for availability information (if no answer please leave a message and an ECSO representative will return you call).
- Appointments are preferred, but not required.
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:00-4:00 p.m. (No holidays or weekends)
Forms of Payment (ONLY the following payment forms are accepted)
- United States Postal Service money order
- Cashier/Bank check
***No personal checks, Debit or Credit cards can be accepted