Modified: August 20, 2018 11:58am
Buffalo, NY – Erie County Sheriff Timothy B. Howard announced the schedule of special unit demonstrations and child safety events at the Sheriff’s Building.
As in past years, the Sheriff’s Office is offering free Child IDs, instruction for car seat installation, giving away free gun locks, and providing K-9 demonstrations. In addition, this year visitors will be able to get a close up look at some of the Sheriff’s specialized tools and equipment used by Deputies.
Sheriff Howard announced the Underwater Recovery Team would do live demonstrations near the Sheriff’s Building on Thursday, August 9 through Sunday, August 12. There will be one demonstration per hour between Noon and 8 P.M.
- Car Seat Technicians: Monday – Friday 4-7p; Saturday and Sunday Noon – 3p (Deputies not available on August 9)
- Child ID – everyday Noon – 8p
- K9 Demos at the Evan’s Bank Family Entertainment Complex
- Friday, August 10 at Noon
- Thursday, August 16 at Noon
- ***NEW Underwater Recovery Team demonstrations August 9 – August 12, Noon – 8 P.M.
The Sheriff’s Building, located near the western end of the Midway and across from Gate 4, will be open to 10 p.m. daily. Visitors can get free information about the Yellow Dot Program, free gun locks, ask Deputies about child car seats, and have a free child ID made. Guests will also be able to view some of the special equipment used by the Erie County Sheriff’s Office, pheasants being raised by inmates at the Correctional Facility’s pheasant farm, and get information about the Erie County Sheriff’s Office.
Fair guests are encouraged the Erie County Sheriff’s Facebook page and Twitter, @ECSONY1, for daily updates.