Modified: September 5, 2017 8:12am
First Day of School and Rush Hour Will Add to Volume to local Roadways
Buffalo, NY – Erie County Sheriff Timothy B. Howard welcomes everyone to New Era Stadium wants to inform those who are visiting the stadium for the first time of the traffic patterns for the concert and some stadium policies.
- Abbott Road will be closed to through traffic starting at 2:30 P.M. between the entrance to Lot 4 (north side of the stadium) and Preferred Parking Lot 2 (south side of the stadium).
- All New Era Field parking lots open at 4:00 P.M.
- At 5:30 P.M., all gates open.
- NFL bag policy is in effect. Large purses and backpacks are prohibited. Guests are allowed a clear bag equal to or smaller than 12" x 6" x 12", or small clutch style purses (approximately the size of a hand, 4.5” x 6.5”).
- Cigarettes, lighters, e-cigarettes, and tobacco products are prohibited inside the gates of the stadium. Also, there is no smoking while in line to enter the stadium.
- Motorist should also be aware that Big Tree Road (Route 20A) will have eastbound only traffic starting at approximately 11 P.M. from Fieldhouse Drive to Route 219.
All guests are encouraged to visit www.buffalobills.com for directions, parking information, a list of items prohibited by the NFL, and the Fan Code of Conduct guide.
The volume of afternoon traffic headed to the Southtowns is expected to be higher than usual, and drivers are encouraged to plan their trip and exercise patience on the roadway.
Finally, today is the first day of school for many local districts and drivers are urged to be attentive and stop for all stopped school buses; Orchard Park School District is closed today due to the anticipated high traffic throughout much of Orchard Park.