The Professional Standards Division is an avenue through which citizens can both protect their rights and voice complaints of possible misconduct of employees.
Complaints received from citizens are treated in a positive manner. They are investigated, validated and disciplinary action, if any is determined.
The Unit also:
- Investigates inter-departmental incidents.
- Conducts confidential investigations.
- Prepares Civil Law suites.
- Monitors absenteeism.
- Performs internal investigations.
- Conducts pre-employment background checks.
- Facilitates urinalysis testing of all probationary employees.
The Professional Standards Division continues to scrutinize and update to conform with administrative and civil fields of legalism.