Sheriff Timothy B. Howard is announcing the Erie County Sheriff’s Office is now accepting applications from certified New York State correctional officers that are interested in a potential lateral transfer to the Jail Management Division. The Sheriff’s Office has several vacancies they would like to fill before the next basic Corrections Academy scheduled to commence in September 2013.
Interested candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Must be currently employed as a full time corrections officer/deputy in New York State.
- Have been previously hired off a certified and competitive civil service list.
- Graduated from a New York State certified correctional academy.
- Successfully completed a probationary program.
- In good standing with current employer.
All candidates meeting the above requirements will be expected to pass a thorough background investigation and pre-employment polygraph examination. Those candidates that meet the requirements and pass their background investigation will work at the Erie County Holding Center or Erie County Correctional Facility.
Those interested should immediately send a cover letter and full resume to:
Erie County Sheriff’s Office
10 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, New York 14202