The Medicare Premium Savings Program is available under Medicaid, and administered by the Erie County Department of Social Services. The Savings Program helps low income Medicare beneficiaries pay for some of their Medicare out-of-pocket expenses. Included in the program:
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary Program [QMB]
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary Program [SLIMB]
- Qualified Individual 1 Program [QI-1]
How do I qualify?
Each program has different income and resource levels. To see if you qualify for help, find your income and resource level in the following chart:
2010 Savings Program Income and Resource Levels
|Resource Limit||No limit at this time||No limit at this time||No limit at this time|
What Does Each Program Pay For?
- QMB Medicare Part A and B, coinsurance, deductible and premium will be paid if you are eligible.
- SLIMB Medicare Part B premium will be paid if you are eligible.
- QI-1 Medicare Part B premium will be paid if you are eligible.
How Do I Apply?
Contact the Erie County Department of Social Services Medicaid Office at:  858-6582 for application information.
Help information LINKS:
New York State Office for the Aging: http://www.aging.ny.gov/
Social Security Online Top Ten Services: http://www.ssa.gov/top10.html
New York State Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage [EPIC] http://www.health.state.ny.us/health_care/epic/