The Medicare Premium Savings Program is available under Medicaid, and administered by the Erie County Department of Social Services. The Savings Program helps low-income Medicare beneficiaries pay for some of their Medicare out-of-pocket expenses. Included in the program:
- Qualified Medicare Beneficiary Program [QMB]
- Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary Program [SLIMB]
- Qualified Individual 1 Program [QI-1]
What Does Each Program Pay For?
- QMB Medicare Part A and B, coinsurance, deductible and premium will be paid if you are eligible.
- SLIMB Medicare Part B premium will be paid if you are eligible.
- QI-1 Medicare Part B premium will be paid if you are eligible.
How Do I Apply?
Contact the Erie County Department of Social Services Medicaid Office at:  858-8601 for application information.