The Erie County Department of Social Services is pleased to announce the 2017 Erie County Summer Youth Program (SYEP). The program operates from July 10, 2017 through September 1, 2017. You are invited to participate!
If your family receives Temporary Assistance (Family Assistance/Safety Net), Medicaid, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) benefits; or if the child receives Supplemental Security Income (SSI), your child is income-qualified for the program. Applicants who do not receive the aforementioned benefits must verify that their household income is less than 200 percent of the federal poverty level.
Erie County encourages the participation of children in foster care or juvenile justice systems, homeless and runaway youth, and youth with disabilities. Applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 20 years old on May 17, 2017. Youth accepted into the program work 20 hours per week and earn minimum wage ($9.70 per hour).
The following is a list of documents that are required to determine program eligibility; applications are considered complete when all required documents are received:
- Completed TANF Youth Service Application
- Pre-Employment Interest Questionnaire
- Completed Form W-4 (2017)
- Completed Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification
- New York State 2017 Certificate of Exemption from Withholding (IT-2104-E)
- Signed Consent for Release of Information Form
- Working Papers are required for all youth ages 14-17, and must be submitted with the application. Working paper applications can be obtained at school and must be submitted through the school Guidance Counselor.
Please complete all of the required forms and submit the entire packet to:
Erie County Social Services, Comprehensive Employment Division, 290 Main Street - 10th Floor, Buffalo, NY 14202. If you have any questions or need assistance in completing the forms, please call (716) 858-1053.
The deadline for submitting an application is Friday, June 2, 2017