Modified: February 6, 2020 9:49am
Erie County District Attorney John J. Flynn announces that 36-year-old Itan Jadiel (also known as Hector Rene), 35-year-old Christian Antonio Rodriguez-Gonzalez, and 27-year-old Angelica Marie Rivera Perez of Chile were arraigned before Amherst Town Justice Kara A. Buscaglia on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 on the following charges:
- Four counts of Burglary in the Second Degree, Class “C” felonies
- One count of Attempted Burglary in the Second Degree, a Class “D” felony
- Two counts of Criminal Possession of Stolen Property in the Third Degree, Class “D” felonies
- One count of Grand Larceny in the Third Degree, a Class “D” felony
- Two counts of Grand Larceny in the Fourth Degree, Class “E” felonies
- Five counts of Criminal Mischief in the Third Degree, Class “E” felonies
- One count of Possession of Burglar Tools, a Class “A” misdemeanor
It is alleged that between January 19, 2020 and January 25, 2020, the defendants unlawfully entered several homes throughout the Town of Amherst with the intent to steal property. They are accused of breaking rear windows to gain entry. The defendants were allegedly found in possession of various items reported stolen from the homeowners, including a safe, purses, jewelry and cash.
The defendants were initially charged with one count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the Second Degree, a Class “C” violent felony. Upon further investigation into the case, the Erie County District Attorney’s Office dismissed the charge this morning in Amherst Town Court.
All three defendants are scheduled to return on Monday, February 10, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. for a felony hearing. They remain held on $50,000 bail.
If convicted on all charges, each face a maximum of 15 years in prison.
DA Flynn commends the Amherst Police Department for their work in the investigation.
The case is being prosecuted by Rachel Kranitz McPhee of the DA’s Felony Trials Bureau.
As are all persons accused of a crime, the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.