ERIE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS
Construction Project Manager (Buildings)**
Starting Annual Salary: $ 67,005
The Erie County Department of Public Works Buildings and Grounds Division is seeking an individual for coordinating the research, design, planning and inspection of building design, construction and reconstruction projects. This is a responsible professional position requiring the application of engineering and architectural knowledge to the management of building projects. Work is performed under the general supervision of a higher rank engineering, architectural or administrative employee and supervision is exercised over a small number of technical and clerical personnel.
- Prepares and reviews drawings, specifications, estimates, and other contract documents for building construction projects to assure conformance with County Department of Public Works policy and legislative mandates;
- Prepares designs and contract documents for County building construction projects;
- Reports to the County Legislature as required;
- Coordinates the inspection of building construction or reconstruction projects for adherence to contract document requirements and good construction practices;
- Supervises the maintenance of detailed financial records and for each capitol project, including source and amount of funds. encumbrances, authorization of and status of borrowing, temporary investments, etc.;
- Assists in facilities research and planning, building space requirements analysis, and other project duties;
- Prepares architectural and engineering plans and details for new construction projects from reports, sketches or discussions with County departmental personnel;
- Measures existing buildings, preparing plans and elevations thereof, and making plans for remodeling;
- Keeps up-to-date copies of “as built” drawings for reference;
- Reviews plans prepared by outside architectural and engineering firms, and discusses with or prepares reports for Commissioner of Public Works or designee.
Candidates must have graduated from a standard senior high school and possess one of the following, either:
A) Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or architecture supplemented by five (5) years of engineering or architectural experience of which three (3) years must have included supervision of design, inspection or construction of large-scale building projects; or:
B) B) Eight (8) years of engineering or architectural experience of which three (3) years must have included supervision of design, inspection, or construction of large-scale building projects; or:
C) C) An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) and (B).
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of New York State Professional Engineer license within one (1) year of permanent appointment.
NOTE: Verifiable part-time and/or volunteer experience will be pro-rated toward meeting full time experience requirements.
*Preferred experience in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering field
**Civil Service Competitive position, exam date to be determined**
Competitive benefits package includes comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage and NYS retirement.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by September 30, 2021 to:
Catherine Walsh, Special Assistant to the Commissioner
95 Franklin Street, 14th Floor, Buffalo, NY 14202 or,
By email to: Catherine.Walsh@erie.gov
Only those whose resumes are being considered will be contacted.
Erie County is an Equal Opportunity Employer