NOTICE OF VACANCY
Location: Elma Meadows Golf Course
Department: Erie County Parks, Recreation, and Forestry
POSITION NUMBER: 51014601 (Permanent Prob.) Full-time
SALARY: $47,062- $62,036 Annually (AFSCME Job Group 10)
Typical Work Activities:
- Makes daily inspections of the golf course to note condition, determines action to correct faults;
- Maintains greens, tees, and fairways in playable condition by mowing, top dressing, reseeding and fertilizing greens;
- Exercises the proper control over weeds, fungi, and insects using standard chemicals and procedures for the cure and prevention of grass disease and weeds;
- Requests supplies and equipment from supervisor;
- Keep records and prepares reports of activities;
- Performs work on the maintenance of golf course equipment and special assignments;
- Supervises and participates in maintenance and construction projects on golf-related facilities
A. An Associate Degree in Horticulture or related field and three (3) years of experience in grounds maintenance activites at a golf course, which included the detailed care and upkeep of golf greens; or
B. Graduate of high school or equivalency diploma and five (5) years of experience in grounds maintenance activites at a golf course; at least two (2) years of which included the detailed care and upkeep of golf greens; or
C. An equivalent combination of training and experience as defined by the limits of (A) AND (B)
- Candidate must be New York State Certified as a Commercial Pesticide Applicator at time of appointment; and
- Possession of a valid New York State Class D (minimim) Driver's License at the time of appointment and throughout duration of employment.
Applications will not be accepted after 4PM on March 1, 2021.
Please address replies to:
Kathleen Carbone, Admin Asst.
Erie County Parks Department
95 Franklin Street, Room 1260
Buffalo, NY 14202
ERIE COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.