In partnership with Erie Community College, Northeast Southtowns Solid Waste Management Board and Northwest Solid Waste Management Board, materials will be collected on the following days:
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 3, 2017 at the ECC South Campus in Orchard Park (enter from Big Tree Road/Route 20A)
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 5, 2017 at the ECC North Campus in Williamsville (enter from Wehrle Drive)
Accepted items include:
- Pesticides, Fertilizers, Pool and Household Chemicals/Cleaners (limit 2 gallons or 20 pounds)
- Oil-based paints, Spray cans (limit 10 gallons)
- Paint Thinner, Stripper and Solvents (limit 2 gallons)
- Batteries (lead acid & rechargeable)
- Oil, Gasoline, Kerosene, Antifreeze (limit 10 gallons)
- Mercury (thermometers, thermostats, metal)
Participants may need to verify that their waste products were generated by households.
Items which will not be accepted include:
- Latex paint: latex paint does not need to be disposed of as household hazardous waste and should not be brought to these events.
- Automobile tires
- Computers and other electronics
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Commercial/industrial wastes
For additional information or for details on how to properly dispose of latex paint, call the Erie County Household Hazardous Waste 24-Hour Hotline at (716) 858-6800 or visit www.erie.gov/waste.
Support for both events is provided by ECC, NOCO Energy Corp., The Battery Post, Inc., and the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.