Legislator Kevin Hardwick announces that Kenmore Presbyterian Church, 2771 Delaware Ave., Kenmore is one of several sites for the next series of Erie County Senior Services' Powerful Tools for Caregivers classes. This course is designed for individuals who help elderly relatives or friends and is held from 5 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesdays from October 18 - November 22.
The six-week educational program is designed to provide caregivers the tools needed for taking care of themselves. The program is six weekly sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours. Caregivers learn to reduce stress, improve self-confidence, better communicate feelings, and locate helpful resources. Attendees also learn how to increase their ability to make tough decisions and balance their lives.
Registration is required. Please call (716) 858-2177 or email email@example.com for more information about Powerful Tools for Caregivers Classes and to register. There is a $25 cost for the course, which includes a copy of The Caregiver Helpbook.*
Additional sites include:
- Catholic Charities, 128 Wilson St., Buffalo. Meetings are held from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Wednesdays from August 30 through October 4.
- Trinity Old Lutheran Church, 3445 Sheridan Drive, Amherst. Meetings are held from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Mondays from September 11 through October 16.
- The Dale Association, 33 Ontario St., Lockport. Meetings are held from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Wednesdays from October 4 through November 8.
- Annunciation Church, 7580 Clinton St. in Elma. Meetings are held from 1 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesdays from September 12 through October 17.
* Complete course cost is covered for all Blue Cross/Blue Shield of WNY and Independent Health members.
** Course cost is covered in full by Health Foundation of Western & Central NY Cultural Diversity Grant funding for those that are uninsured.
Co-sponsored by The University at Buffalo, School of Public Health and Health Professions and the Erie County Caregiver Coalition.