Diabetes is one of the leading causes of disability and death in the United States. It can cause blindness, nerve damage, kidney disease, and other health problems if it’s not controlled.
More than 30 million Americans have diabetes AND another 84 million adults in the United States are at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
The good news? People who are at high risk for type 2 diabetes can lower their risk by more than half if they make healthy changes. These changes include: eating healthy, getting more physical activity, and losing weight.
- Chronic Disease and Diabetes Self Management Classes
- Diabetes Self-Management Program
- Video: How Diabetes Affects Your Blood Sugar
- American Diabetes Association
- Diabetes Information (NYSDOH)
- Diabetes Information (CDC)
- National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP)
- Good for Your Soul Food Cookbook
- Needle Disposal and Access & Medication Disposal