To Report a Positive COVID-19 Case at Your Business/School
- Complete and Submit the Form to Report an Employee/Student/Volunteer who Tests Positive for COVID-19
- See Isolation, Quarantine, Return to Work Documents and Information
Erie County Mask Mandate
Effective November 23, 2021 per Local Emergency Orders, staff, guests and patrons at all indoor public locations are required to wear a mask/face covering. This includes, but is not limited to:
- bars and food service establishments
- grocery stores and other retail businesses
- personal care establishments (barber shops, nail/hair salons, tattoo and piercing shops and other similar locations)
- places of worship, including during prayer
- hotels, banks and all other places open to the public
- indoor fitness establishments (gyms, Pilates studios, yoga studios, martial arts, and similar locations)
- theatres (movie & live)
- indoor entertainment venues (e.g., hockey rinks, bowling alleys) for both players and spectators. Venues that have strict vaccine requirements for entrance, such as Highmark Stadium and KeyBank Center, would not have to require masks for vaccinated individuals under these orders.
Masks may only be removed when staff or patrons are seated while eating and drinking, or when removal of the mask is necessary for the service being performed (i.e. shaving or grooming).
Masks are strongly recommended for all other non-public work settings if social distancing cannot be maintained.
As an impacted business you are required to make sure your employees, guests and patrons wear a mask properly while inside your facility. Use the following checklist to ensure that your business is prepared for this new policy.
- See FAQ’s for Impacted Business Owners Regarding the Erie County Policy on COVID-19 Mask Requirements
- Display the COVID-19 Mask Requirement Poster in clearly visible areas of your business and review the Tips for Businesses.
- Have a supply of masks available for your staff. You are required to provide masks for staff who do not have their own. You may choose to provide disposable masks for your guests or patrons.
- Have a written plan for implementation of the requirements available for inspection upon request. Your plans should include how you will make sure staff, guests and patrons comply with the mask requirement before they enter, or immediately upon entry to your business.
For complaints about non-compliance at a business, call (716) 961-6800 or submit the online complaint form.
Implementing CDC Guidance
- NY State's COVID-19 restrictions and NY Forward industry guidance has been lifted across some settings. Nursing homes and health care settings, pre-k to 12 schools, large-scale indoor events venues, public transit, homeless shelters and correctional facilities must still adhere to existing COVID-19 health protocols per CDC guidelines.
- Unvaccinated individuals are responsible for continuing to wear a mask, per federal CDC guidance.
- For more information and questions go to forward.ny.gov or call 1-888-364-3065.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for Businesses
- PPE Vendor List for Businesses and Application to be Added to PPE List
- Community Organization PPE Request Form: This form is to be used by community groups, youth programs, block clubs, community centers and faith institutions/places of worship to request personal protective equipment (PPE). See form for additional details.
- NY State Emergency Rental Assistance Program 844-NY1RENT (844-691-7368): provides assistance with up to 12 months of past-due rent, three months of prospective rental assistance and 12 months of utility arrears payments to eligible New Yorkers, regardless of immigration status.
- Erie County Business Task Force: Immediate Targeted Assistance for Local Businesses Struggling with the Effects of COVID-19
- Empire State Development (ESD) 716-846-8200: Economic Recovery and COVID-19 Loans and Assistance
- Erie County Industrial Development Agency (ECIDA) 716-856-6525: ECIDA COVID-19 Disaster Relief Business Programs
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership (BNP) 716-852-7100: Online informational and connection platform for businesses impacted by COVID-19
- Small Business Administration (SBA) 716-551-4301 or 1-800-659-2955 : Coronavirus Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- US Chamber of Commerce 202-659-6000: Coronavirus Emergency Loans Small Business Guide & Checklist
- Unemployment/Employment, Employee Paid Leave Rights, CARES Act
- NY Business Express Incentive Wizard - Learn what NY State business incentives you may be able to take advantage of
Additional Information and Resources
- Erie County Emergency Orders and NY State Executive Orders
- Small Business Administration (SBA) Buffalo District Office or call 716-551-4301 or 1-800-659-2955
- OSHA Guidance
- Childcare Resource Network (CCRN)
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility (CDC)
- NYSDOH COVID-19 Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- ECDOH COVID-19 Information: (716) 858-2929
- Community Resources - a variety of resources available to help you deal with the COVID-19 situation
- ECDOH Contact Tracing for Business Presentation (09/22/2020)