ECDOH Testing Sites & Registration
Two kinds of tests are available for COVID-19:
- Diagnostic test (swab test) - Tells you if you have a current infection.
- Serologic antibody test (blood test) - Tells you if you had a previous infection. It is very important to remember that when antibodies to COVID-19 are found in a person, scientists do not know yet if there is protection from future infections and how long the protection lasts. COVID-19 is caused by a new virus and many studies are under way to learn more about the disease and how the immune system responds to it.
Note: If you test positive or negative for COVID-19, no matter the type of test, you still should take preventive measures to protect yourself and others.
For more information about testing see:
- COVID-19 Testing FAQs (CDC)
- COVID-19 Testing FAQs (FDA) or call 1-888-FDA-INFO
- Abbott Antibody Fact Sheet for Recipients
ECDOH Antibody (blood draw) Testing Schedule & Registration
REGISTER HERE for any of the ECDOH antibody testing sites listed below.
Things to know:
- An individual must be age 11 years or older to get an antibody test.
- Before arriving at your appointment, please drink water/hydrate, wear a face covering and short sleeve shirt (test is a blood draw from arm), bring photo ID and please do not bring pets. Your antibody test results will be mailed and you should receive them in about 7-10 days.
- If you cannot make your appointment, please call 858-2929 to cancel so that we can fill your spot.
- If you have any issues with registration, please call 858-2929.
ECDOH Antibody testing sites currently open for scheduling:
The hours for all of the following clinics are 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday August 10, 2020
Alden Community Center
13116 Main Street
Alden, NY 14004
Thursday August 13, 2020
Hamburg Senior Center
4540 Southwestern Blvd.
Hamburg, NY 14075
Monday August 17, 2020
West Seneca Senior Center
4620 Seneca St.
West Seneca, NY 14224
Thursday August 20, 2020
Southside Elementary School
430 Southside Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14210
ECDOH Diagnostic (nasal swab) Testing Schedule & Registration
Additional Testing Sites in Erie County
- Searchable map of COVID-19 Testing Sites in Erie County. The sites included on this map have their own testing criteria and availability. Please call the organization before going to a site. This list is subject to change and may not reflect all testing options in Erie County. Please call your healthcare provider for guidance. A list of primary care providers who are accepting new patients is available here.
Testing Related Information
that system is down for routine maintenance and will be back up around 10pm