Contact Tracing, Isolation and Quarantine in Erie County
- Important Information: Update on Contact Tracing, Isolation and Quarantine in Erie County
COVID-19 Test Results
COVID-19 test results are not available on this website.
- Contact the agency that performed your test (Ex: urgent care centers, pharmacies hospitals, NYS Department of Health, etc.)
- Your healthcare provider may be able to look up a patient’s test results in HEALTHeLINK.
If your test was done by the Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH):
- You will receive your diagnostic (swab) test results by phone about 1 to 3 days after your test.
- You will receive your Point of Care (Rapid) Tests results on site.
COVID-19 Testing Sites in Erie County
Diagnostic (Nasal Swab) Testing
- Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) Testing Sites: Call 716-858-2929 to schedule an appointment.
- NY State Department of Health (NYSDOH) Testing Sites: Call 1-888-364-3065 or schedule online at https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-testing
- See Testing Map at erie.gov/covidtestsites to find a COVID-19 testing site near you. Please call the organization before going to inquire about the cost, time it takes to receive results and other criteria. This list is subject to change and may not reflect all testing options in Erie County. Please call your healthcare provider for guidance. If you do not have a provider, see this list of primary care providers who are accepting new patients.
- FDA Advises Against Use of SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Test Results to Evaluate Immunity or Protection From COVID-19 After Vaccination
- Antibody Testing Sites
Types of COVID-19 Tests
Two kinds of tests are available for COVID-19:
- Diagnostic test (swab test) - Tells you if you have a current infection.
- Antibody test (blood test) - Tells you if you had a previous infection. It is very important to remember that when antibodies to COVID-19 are found in a person, scientists do not know yet if there is protection from future infections and how long the protection lasts. COVID-19 is caused by a new virus and many studies are under way to learn more about the disease and how the immune system responds to it.
- Note: If you test positive or negative for COVID-19, no matter the type of test, you still should take preventive measures to protect yourself and others.
- Erie County Isolation, Quarantine & Return to Work Documents
- Excelsior Pass
- COVID-19 Testing FAQs (CDC)
- COVID-19 Testing FAQs (FDA) or call 1-888-FDA-INFO
- Abbott COVID-19 Antibody Fact Sheet for Recipients
- Abbott COVID-19 Test Fact Sheet for Recipients
- Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Patients (English)
- Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ficha de Datos para Pacientes (Español)
- Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 Fact Sheet for Patients (English)
- Languages other than English translated by a third party
- Abbott ID NOW Hoja informativa para pacientes (Español)
- ورقة معلومات للمريض (Arabic)
- सेवाग्राहीहरुको लागि तथ्य पृष्ट अब्बोट डायग्नोस्टिक्स स्कारबोरो, इन्क. आइडी नाउ कोगिड-१९ (Nepali)
- Xaashida Xaqiiqda ee Bukaanka (Somali)
- Maelezo Kwa Wagonjwa (Swahili)