COVID-19 Vaccination in NY State
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for two COVID-19 vaccines.
- New York State determines the prioritization for vaccination. See NY State Vaccination Phases & Prioritization.
- NY State Vaccine Website
ECDOH Vaccination Program
- Erie County Vaccine Distribution Plan Summary
- Application form to become a vaccinator with the Erie County Department of Health.
Vaccination for groups in Phase 1A and 1B
- New Yorkers are recommended to use the Am I Eligible? Website to see if they are eligible for vaccination and to find sites nearest them.
- If you are eligible for vaccination, please call the NYSDOH COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline to schedule an appointment: 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829)
See the Western New York Provider List for a list of sites currently providing the COVID-19 vaccine and instructions on how you can schedule your COVID-19 vaccine with them. APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED. IF YOU VISIT A PROVIDER WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A VACCINE. Vaccine availability is subject to change and you should not go to a site without a confirmed appointment.
- The Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) is NOT making vaccination appointments over the phone at this time. Please do not call our COVID-19 Information Line, main office or any other department for vaccine scheduling. These calls are interfering with people calling to schedule testing appointments and calling with other COVID related questions.
- All vaccinations done by the ECDOH are by appointment only. ECDOH has a limited amount of vaccine and appointments will depend on the amount of COVID-19 vaccine provided by NY State.
- Please submit the ECDOH COVID-19 Vaccination Notification Form to be notified of future Erie County Vaccine PODs.
- Hospital staff should contact your hospital/employer to be vaccinated and Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) should contact your FQHC/employer to be vaccinated.
- It is anticipated to be several months before the general public has access to a COVID-19 vaccine. New York State determines the prioritization for vaccination. See NY State Vaccination Phases & Prioritization.
- Talk to your healthcare provider.
- Please stay updated by watching press conferences and announcements from Erie County and New York State. We will provide complete and accurate information about vaccine distribution in Erie County as that information is available.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs, compiled by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- NY State COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Providers
- NY State COVID-19 Clinical Advisory Task Force
- NY State Vaccine Distribution and Implementation Task Force
- COVID-19 Vaccines (CDC)
- COVID-19 Vaccines (FDA)
- COVID-19 Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
- COVID-19 Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Fact Sheet, Translations to languages other than English
- COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
- COVID-19 Moderna Vaccine Fact Sheet, Translations to languages other than English
- COVID-19 Vaccine Plain Language Materials