COVID-19 Vaccination Information from NY State
- NY State Vaccine Website
- NY State Vaccination Phases & Prioritization - NY State determines the prioritization for vaccination
- All vaccine supply will depend on the amount of COVID-19 vaccine provided by NY State. All vaccinations are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. DO NOT GO TO A SITE WITHOUT A CONFIRMED APPOINTMENT.
How to Make a Vaccination Appointment if you are in Phase 1A or Phase 1B
- Go to the Am I Eligible Website: Use this tool to find out if you are eligible and to schedule an appointment at various NYS operated vaccination clinics
- Call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829): Use this tool to find out if you are eligible and to schedule an appointment at various NYS operated vaccination clinics
- Age 65 and Older: may also seek vaccination through pharmacies (see pharmacy websites or call pharmacies)
- Those who have a comorbidity or underlying condition as defined by the NYS Department of Health: may also seek vaccination through hospitals and healthcare providers
- You may submit the ECDOH COVID-19 Vaccination Notification Form to be notified of future Erie County vaccination clinics
Vaccination for those NOT in Phase 1A or 1B
- It is anticipated to be several months before the general public has access to a COVID-19 vaccine. NY State determines the phases and prioritization for vaccination. See NY State Vaccination Phases & Prioritization.
- Talk to your healthcare provider.
- Please stay updated by watching press conferences and announcements from Erie County and New York State. We will provide complete and accurate information about vaccine distribution in Erie County as that information is available.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FDA Authorized Vaccines
Currently, three vaccines are authorized and recommended to prevent COVID-19:
Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
- Pfizer-BioTech Information About this Vaccine
- Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
- Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Fact Sheet (Translations to languages other than English)
Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- Information About the Moderna Vaccine
- Moderna Vaccine Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
- Moderna Vaccine Fact Sheet (Translations to Languages Other than English)
Janssen COVID-19 vaccine
- Janssen Fact Sheet for Recipients & Caregivers
- Janssen Fact Sheet (Translations to Languages Other than English)
Additional Information and Resources
- Erie County Vaccine Distribution Plan Summary
- COVID Vaccination Fraud: Call 1-833-VAX-SCAM (1-833-829-7226) or email STOPVAXFRAUD@health.ny.gov. To help report vaccination fraud or scams across the State, NY established a hotline to report fraudulent vaccinations. It is a red flag if anyone is promising you the vaccine in exchange for payment.
- Application form to become a vaccinator with the ECDOH (The ECDOH appreciates the large volume of applications we have received from people offering to be part of our vaccination program. All applications will remain on file and we may contact you as we have need for additional vaccinators. Thank you.)
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) - The FDA has issued an emergency use authorization (EUA) for two COVID-19 vaccines
- NY State COVID-19 Vaccine Information for Providers
- NY State COVID-19 Clinical Advisory Task Force
- NY State Vaccine Distribution and Implementation Task Force
- COVID-19 Vaccine Plain Language Materials