Free Opioid Overdose Recognition & Naloxone Use Trainings by the Erie County Department of Health.
- Click on the links below to register and for additional information.
- For virtual trainings, the WebEx link will be provided to registrants by email prior to the training.
In Person Trainings
- Unless otherwise noted, in-person trainings scheduled for Erie County Fire Training Academy, 3359 Broadway, Cheektowaga, NY 14227
Medical Care Administrator
95 Franklin St., Room 911
Buffalo, NY 14202
Phone: (716) 858-7695
Fax: (716) 858-8701
- 24 hour Addiction Hotline 716-831-7007 - Get immediate help, education, information, referrals and assistance with linking to addiction treatment services (Hotline Flyers - Please post to help inform others)
- Good Samaritan Law - Protects an overdose victim, and those who summon help for the victim, from: arrest in the presence of misdemeanor drug possession and/or underage drinking prosecution for felony possession (unless there are aggravating circumstances, e.g. possession with intent to sell or outstanding warrants)
- Naloxone (Narcan) Access & Information
- Needle & Medication Disposal
- Opioid Epidemic Task Force (The Task Force is composed of seven committees, which meet regularly and report back to the entire Task Force quaterly)
- Publications, Presentations & Related Materials