The Food Sanitation Services program of the Environmental Health Office maintains a food inspection program of food service establishments, mobile food trucks, temporary food stands and caterers to protect the public's health. The office also provides health education and information on safe food handling practices. For information concerning this program, please call (716) 961-6800.
Food Facility Inspections
- Erie County Food Facility Inspections - Note: Inspections are a "snapshot" in time and are not always reflective of the day-to-day operations and overall conditions of an establishment. Occasionally, remediation may not appear in the reports until the following month due to the timing of the updates.
- Food Service Establishment Inspections (from 2005 to the present)
- Food Service Establishment Map: Last Inspection (violations found during last inspection plotted on a searchable map)
- New York State Department of Health -- Health Data NY - provides data on all food service inspections throughout the state but NOT in Erie County.
Temporary Food Stand Operator Information
- Guidelines For Temporary Food Stands
- Fee Waiver Request (Temporary Food Establishment)
- To operate a temporary food stand, you must obtain an Erie County Health Permit and conform with the requirements of the State Sanitary Code for Temporary Food Service Establishments Part 14-2. Operation of a frozen dessert machine requires an additional fee of $25.
- Please fill out the application and return it along with the proper fee to the address indicated at least five (5) days prior to the event to avoid an additional $40.00 late filing fee.
- Your temporary stand is subject to inspection by this Department at any time during its operation to insure compliance with the State Sanitary Code.
How to Open a Food Service Establishment
- Follow our step by step Guide to Opening a Food Service Establishment
Related Information and Programs
503 Kensington Ave
Buffalo, NY 14214
Phone: (716) 961-6800
Fax: (716) 961-6880
For Emergencies after regular business hours: 716- 961-7898
Areas Served: All areas in Erie County, NY
Printable Map of ECMC Campus (PDF)