There’s a skunk, raccoon or other animal on my property. Can the Erie County Health Department come out and remove it?

The Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH) does not offer wildlife trapping services. 

If an animal is not leaving and is acting dangerous or aggressive and you need immediate help; contact your City, Town or Village to request assistance from the Animal Control Officer or a Police Officer. 

If an animal has set up residence on your property and won’t leave, you may need to hire a nuisance wildlife trapper. 

A list of licensed Wildlife Control Officers is available here or you may call the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation at 716-851-7000.  Additional Information is available on our Nuisance Wildlife web page.

Please contact the ECDOH Rodent Control Program for assistance if you have a problem with rats on your property. 

Frequently Requested



Phone: (716) 858-7690

Fax: (716) 858-8701

Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH)
95 Franklin Street
Buffalo, New York 14202

ECDOH Locations