Where can I obtain a copy of my immunization records?

Parents should keep track of their child's vaccination history. The only records that exist are the ones provided to parents when the vaccination is administered, and the ones in the medical record of the doctor and/or clinic where the vaccines are given. New York State law requires that schools keep individual immunization records 6 years, or 3 years after the individual reaches age 18, whichever is longer.

Finding old immunization records can be especially difficult (or even impossible) for adults. To avoid having to hunt for old records and possibly repeating vaccinations that cannot be documented, patients should make sure that all immunization providers give them a written record of their vaccines. If a patient's immunization record has been lost, see below for some helpful resources.

Learn more:

Today an increasing number of physicians and parents are also taking advantage of electronic immunization registries to keep track of their children's shots. Learn more:

You can download an adult immunization record card at http://www2.erie.gov/immunizewny/sites/www2.erie.gov.immunizewny/files/uploads/pdfs/adultizcard.pdf.

If you would like more information about NYSIIS, please contact your health care provider. For more information about immunizations, please call the ECDOH Immunization Action Plan at 716-858-2373.

Frequently Requested



Phone: (716) 858-7690

Fax: (716) 858-8701

Erie County Department of Health (ECDOH)
95 Franklin Street
Buffalo, New York 14202

ECDOH Locations