Meetings are held monthly in the Committee Room of the Legislature - 92 Franklin Street, 4th floor Buffalo, NY. Due to circumstances surrounding COVID, meetings have been held virtually via ZOOM.
The purpose of the Erie County Correction Specialist Advisory Board-ECCS Advisory Board is to provide advice to, and oversight over the Erie County Sheriff Office’s Jail Management Division which administers the Erie County Holding Center and the Erie County Correctional Facility. The Advisory Board may undertake functions and activities intended to provide advice to:
- Improve the conditions, systems and practices at the Erie County Holding Center and the Correctional Facility.
- Identify and recommend programs that utilize restorative justice practices and other programs that help reduce recidivism in Erie County.
- Encourage **public comment on issues related to the Erie County Holding Center and Erie County Correctional Facility.
- Make formal recommendations to the Erie County Legislature, Erie County Executive and the Erie County Sheriff’s Office on the programs, funding and services for the Correctional Facilities in Erie County.
- Receive complaints regarding the Erie County Holding Center and the Erie County Correctional Facility from the public, including those complaints that were sent directly to the Erie County Sheriff’s Office; and refer significant complaints as determined to the Public Safety Committee of the Legislature.
MEETING SCHEDULE & PUBLIC COMMENT INSTRUCTIONS
ECCS Advisory Board Monthly Meeting
SCHEDULE: Every month on the 4th Tuesday, 4:30 PM-6:30 PM
Jan 24, 2023 Jul 25, 2023
Feb 28, 2023 Aug 22, 2023
Mar 28, 2023 Sep 26, 2023
Apr 25, 2023 Oct 24, 2023
May 23, 2023 Nov 21, 2023
Jun 27, 2023 Dec 26, 2023
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 838 6085 1927
**PUBLIC COMMENT [If you have concerns/complaints related to the Erie County Holding Center or Correctional Facility.]
Requests to comment can be made by making a request with the Clerk of the Erie County Legislature at least five (5) business days prior to the meeting of the Board. All comments made during the meeting will be directed to the Chair of the ECCS Advisory Board.
During the “Public Comment” period, each member of the public may speak for a maximum of five minutes, with a maximum of thirty (30) minutes for the entire Public Comment period. If more members of the public wish to speak than can be accommodated within the thirty-minute period, an additional public comment period, not to exceed fifteen (15) minutes, may be scheduled after all other Board business has been completed.
To request to speak at an upcoming meeting; please contact 5 business days before the next Board meeting. Call or email the Clerk of the Erie County Legislature: Robert Graber; telephone # 716-858-7500 or email Robert.Graber@erie.gov
For questions please contact the Clerk of the Legislature at (716) 858-7500