Redirecting to our new, updated website ...
Initiatives for Goal 1:
Older Adults will be able to maintain an active and stimulating social life as they age.
- Offer dinner at Senior Centers / Go Dine program
- Offer older adult technology training through Buffalo and Erie County Public Library
Initiatives for Goal 2:
Erie County will be accessible to people of all ages
- Work with the ECIDA to create a policy requiring senior housing and other public spaces to meet universal design standards
- Create a Senior Transportation Council
- Perform a crowdsourced walk audit of all Erie County roadways in commercial or densely populated residential areas
- Develop and distribute a Senior Transportation Connector Card that lets older adults use numerous modes of transportation
Initiatives for Goal 3:
Older Adults will be able to maintain financial security throughout their lives.
- Create a Senior Homeshare matching program where older adults can share a home to split expenses and provide companionship
- Expand the Representative Payee program to provide benefit payment management for beneficiaries who are incapable of managing their Social Security payments
- Provide Medicare and Medicaid 101 training programs