Erie County Legislator Joseph Lorigo reminds residents that Erie County's Social Adult Day Program open houses are on Saturday, June 13.
The event provides an opportunity for caregivers and families that are taking care of older adults to learn more about Social Adult Day programs, which have helped older adults remain living and active in the community longer while alleviating stressors for caregivers. The open houses will include information about programs, answer questions, and educate caregivers on opportunities available to them.
Participating sites are:
- Hamburg Adult Day Program, 2982 Lakeview Road, Hamburg, 10-12 pm
- Aurora Adult Day Program, 101 King Street, Suite B, East Aurora, 10-12 pm
- Lord of Life Adult Day Program, 1025 Borden Road, Depew, 11-1 pm
- Degraff, 3780 Commerce Court, Suite 100, North Tonawanda, 11-1 pm (Amherst Adult Day Services information will be available)
- Catholic Charities’ A Gathering Place, 128 Wilson Street, Buffalo, 11-1 pm
- People Inc. Seniors Unlimited, 2635 Delaware Avenue, Suite A, Buffalo, 11-1 pm
Social adult day programs are structured, comprehensive programs offering a range of services built around the adults who participate and who may need assistance with activities of daily living. Additionally physical and cogitative activities are available in a safe and supervised environment that cultivates opportunities for social interaction.
Reservations are required by calling Erie County Senior Services/NY Connects at (716) 858-8526.