Erie County Legislator Joseph Lorigo announces that Erie County, local agencies and businesses are partnering to set up collection sites for a Pharmaceutical Drug Collection Event.
“On Saturday, Sept. 27, law enforcement agencies, businesses, fire companies, hospitals and local government will come together to host several collection sites as part of a large Pharmaceutical Drug Collection Event to help prevent unwanted and expired medications from falling into the wrong hands. These events are important for protecting against drug abuse and accidental poisoning, while ensuring these potentially dangerous substances are disposed of properly,” said Legislator Lorigo.
Pharmaceuticals will be collected from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 27. Collection sites include:
- West Seneca Senior Center, 4620 Seneca St., West Seneca
- Erie County Botanical Gardens, 2655 South Park Ave., Buffalo
- Mercy Ambulatory Care Center, 3669 Southwestern Blvd., Orchard Park
- Sisters of Charity, St. Joseph’s Campus, 2605 Harlem Road, Cheektowaga
- Twin District Volunteer Fire Company, 4999 William St., Lancaster
Unwanted or expired prescription or over-the-counter medications, syringes, inhalers, liquids, ointments and patches will be accepted.
Legislator Lorigo also reminds residents that the Erie County Sheriff’s Office maintains prescription collection boxes that are available 24/7 throughout the county. For a list of locations, please visit www.erie.gov/sheriff. Residents can drop off medications when it is convenient for them.