The goal of SPOA is to have the right person, in the right service,
at the right time, for the right length of time, achieving the right outcomes.
An integrated SPOA (care management, ACT, and housing) improves access, fosters early engagement with individuals, and provides priority services to individuals at high risk of system penetration. This includes individuals who are transitioning from institutional settings back into the community (i.e. psychiatric hospitalization or incarceration) and individuals that have a high risk of future or a history of deep end, high cost system penetration (i.e. psychiatric or medical ER visits or hospitalization, homelessness, or incarceration).
The adult Single Point of Access (SPOA) provides timely access to intensive community based services, including:
- Care Coodination & Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
- Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT)
- Housing Services
Care Management, ACT, and/or Housing services are intended for individuals who are at high risk of further system penetration, who are unable to maintain community based linkages and important supports, such as: psychiatric treatment and medication management, medical provider and treatment, housing and housing crisis management, substance abuse treatment, financial, social supports and legal.
Eligible applicants must have an Axis 1 DSM diagnosis from a licensed mental health professional that qualifies as a Serious Mental Illness (SMI), such as but not limited to:
- Bi Polar
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Making A SPOA Referral
To make a referral, go to ‘www.eriespoa.org’ and select Submit a Referral at the top of the webpage.
- SPOA Referral Guide and Manual
- Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the recommended web browsers.
- A signed Erie County SPOA consent must be included with the referral to be considered.
- Supporting documents and consents can be uploaded directly to electronic referral or sent to Erie County’s SPOA’s confidential fax number: 716-858-7558
SPOA Contact Information:
For General SPOA Inquiries: