ERIE.GOV | Your information resource from the government of Erie County, New York

Handicapped Permits

Handicapped parking permits are available at the Town Clerk's office in the Newstead Town Hall. Proof of disability is required by your doctor's signature on the NYS approved application form. The application form must be filled out and signed by the applicant and their attending physician. No fee is required.

A copy of the applicant's driver's license is now required to be on file with the application in the Town Clerk's office. If the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, a permit will be issued under a non-driver status.

The town issues temporary handicapped parking permits which are good for no more than 6 months and permanent handicapped parking permits which are issued for 3 years.