Modified: May 14, 2019 8:08am
3rd ECSO Professional to Earn Certification from National Board
Buffalo, NY – Erie County Sheriff Timothy B. Howard announced today that Christa M. Cutrona, RN, MS, CCHP (Certified Correctional Health Professional), earned a professional certification from the National Commission on Correctional Health Care in the field of correctional health care.
“I am extremely proud of Christa’s accomplishment,” stated Sheriff Howard. “Christa is our third health care professional to achieve certification from this national group, and I look forward to additional leaders receiving their certification, as well as the Division of Correctional Health earning national accreditation in the future.”
The National Commission on Correctional Health Care
- Promotes correctional health care professional’s knowledge.
- Applies standards and guidelines to the delivery of appropriate health care in correctional institution environments.
- Is the body that credentials correctional health care professionals and is governed by a national board of trustees.
- The board is comprised of ten correctional health care experts from a variety of health professionals.
Erie County Sheriff’s Division of Correctional Health
- Crista Cutrona is the Director of Correctional Health for the holding center and correctional facility.
- Command of correctional health was transferred to the Sheriff’s Office in January 2017.
- The Sheriff’s Office has three health care professionals who have earned certification from the national organization.