Given the extensive video network developed throughout the County, there are several different uses for the equipment:
- Attorney - Client Conferences
- Pre - Trial Proceedings
- Tele-Medicine, through communication with ECMC
- Probation – Inmate Interviews
- Other Court Proceedings, such as arraignment
Specific sites are also finding other uses to facilitate and/or improve their judicial-related functions by using the video conferencing equipment.
There are several different groups of people who will benefit from usage of the video conferencing system including attorneys, government departments – such as Probation, clients/inmates, correction officers and the community as a whole. Some potential benefits of the system include:
- Assigned Counsel/ Private Attorneys
- Reduction in transportation time/cost
- Allows more face-to-face communication with their clients
- Security Personnel
- Decreases staffing demands by decreasing the number of officers needed in prisoner transportation.
- Increase safety/security
- Minimizes time needed for inmate processing
- Reduction of security risks associated with transporting and handling defendants.
- Reduction in money spent on security and transport of prisoners
- Improved custody conditions while awaiting arraignment
- More face time with their attorney
- Faster release time for defendants released during an arraignment
- Immediate access to health care providers through tele-med
- Reduction in overcrowding of courthouse holding facilities
- Improvement in overall efficiency of court proceedings