Joseph Czechowski - Code Enforcement Officer
The Village of Alden Building Department, under the direction of the Code Enforcement Officer, is responsible for the administration and enforcement of the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code, as well as Zoning, Subdivision, and other laws and ordinances provided for in the Code of the Village of Alden.
Permits, Applications, Check lists
- Building Permit Applications
- Swimming Pool
- 1-2 Family Dwelling
- General Building Structure
- Mobile Home Requirements
- Fuel Fire Appliance
- Permanent Generator
- Detached Storage
CE-200 Exemption Form for compliance with NYS Worker's Compensation Law
Signs - Permit Applications and Information
- Mobile Food Vendor Applications
- 2015 Zoning Map color
"A Building Permit shall be required for any work which must conform to the Uniform Code and/or the Energy Code, including, but not limited to, the construction, enlargement, alteration, improvement, removal, relocation or demolition of any building or structure or any portion thereof, and the installation of a solid fuel burning heating appliance, chimney or flue in any dwelling unit."
"No Person shall commence any work for which a Building Permit is required without first having obtained a Building Permit from the Code Enforcement Officer."
- Permits are also required for other types of activities, including (but not limited to) signs, home occupations, and unlicensed snowplowing vehicles.
- Please contact the Building Department for more information on permit requirements and where to obtain an Application for Building Permit.
- In many instances, Site Plan approval from the Village of Alden Board of Trustees is required before a building permit can be issued. Typically, the Village Board will seek recommendations from the Village of Alden Planning Board and various Village Departments before rendering a decision.
Alden, NY 14004
Phone: (716) 937-9216 Ext. 121
The Building Department Activities Include:
- Reviewing and issuing various permits, certificates, violations and appearance tickets as required by state and local laws.
- Perform inspections relating to permits, complaints, and requests.
- Performing Fire and Life Safety Inspections on existing properties as required by the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code.
- Administration of floodplain development criteria.
- Administration of the State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and SEQRA Intake Officer.
- Receiving, investigating, and responding to complaints surrounding state and local ordinances.
- Acting as the primary contact and advisor to the Planning Board.
- Acting as the primary contact for the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Providing information and education on the various requirements that pertain to properties within the Village of Alden.