David A. Albert
Jeff A. Wilson
2015 Building Department Fee Schedule
The Building Department administers and enforces regulations, pertaining to use of property and the construction of buildings. It reviews plans and conducts filed inspections for compliance with various local, state, and federal codes and standards, particularly the Town Zoning Code and the New York State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code (NYSUFPBC). These codes apply to planning, zoning, building, plumbing, mechanical, electrical, fire, health and the environment.
All building projects ranging from a small addition to a major commercial structure must meet certain standards of safety. The Building Department receives and processes all applications for construction, alterations, additions, and accessory structures for residential and commercial projects, for compliance with the Town of Clarence Code and Building Department requirements, in addition to the requirements of the New York State Fire Prevention and Building Code. Projects under review by the department are not permitted to begin prior to the issuance of the permit.
Responsibilities of the Department and Code Enforcement Officers are as follows:
- Plan review for compliance with NYSFPBC, Town of Clarence Code and applicable reference standards.
- Issue permits for residential and commercial projects for new construction, additions, remodeling, accessory structures, change in use of buildings, installations or replacement of certain mechanical, fire safety and plumbing systems, back-up generators, demolition of structures, swimming pools, etc.
- Conduct inspections for numerous phases of construction activity.
- Issue Certificate of Occupancy or Certificate of Compliance for all permitted projects.
- Administrators of the Knox-Box Program in the Town of Clarence.
- Conduct inspections based on complaints from citizens.
- Respond to requests from the Town Fire Departments pertaining to unsafe equipment or conditions, damage due to structure fires and illegal open burning.
- Respond to structure fires for assistance to Fire Department command staff related to building design, contents, potential failure, damage estimates, origin and cause, determining if building can be occupied, and to provide assistance to the residents and occupants displaced by the incident.
- Conduct fire safety inspections of existing buildings for compliance with the NYS Fire Code and Property Mainenance Code
- Explain code requirements to permit applicants.
- Attend NYS Required annual training.
- Enforce the Avoidable Alarm Law (Chapter 59) of the Town of Clarence Code.
- Conduct inspection of special events involving large gatherings/the public.
9/2014 SAFETY ALERT -
Kidde Recalls Smoke and Combination Smoke/CO Alarms Due To Alarm Failure.
*If you would like a response, please include your name, e-mail address & phone number