Vehicle Registration and Renewal
You or your business must register and title any vehicle you own or lease. To do that you must bring these documents to the closest Erie County Auto Bureau office:
- A completed Vehicle Registration-Title Application (MV-82) and either tax form DTF-802 or DTF-803.
- Proof of ownership
- Model year 1973 or newer-NYS Certificate of Title or proof of ownership from other state
- Model year 1972 or older-a NYS transferable registration
- Proof of New York State automobile liability insurance with an effective date of 45 days or less
- Proof of your identity and age; either a current NYS permit, license, or non-driver ID. If you do not have any forms of ID mentioned, you will need to bring in the same required documentation as needed to apply for NYS ID.
- Payment for fees, use taxes and sales tax, or proof of sales tax payment or exemption
- Proof of incorporation (if you are registering a vehicle for a business or organization).
For your convenience make a reservation online.