Advanced Student Threat Assessment & Intervention Response Program
March 7 - 8, 2018
8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
FIRST STEP is a two-day advanced professional development course that gives you the skills, materials, and confidence to quickly and accurately determine if a student who has made a threat to attack your school truly poses a threat to himself and others.
Those who possess these skills are invaluable members of their community & profession!
Who should attend?:
- School Resource Officers
- Principals/Vice Principals
- DARE Officers
- SRO/Police Supervisors
- Police Officers
- School Safety Teams
- Deans of Students
- Sheriffs/Police Chief's
With FIRST STEP, you'll be able to assess, intervene, and manage a dangerous student and guide your school community to respond quickly and appropriately. You will also learn how to:
- Conduct comprehensive student safety assessments
- Implement effective intervention techniques to prevent a school attack
- Identify what stage a student is on The Path to Violence
- Distinguish threatening from non-threatening behaviors
- Identify indicators of imminent or impending danger
- Assess (read) student behaviors and determine their true risk level
- Predict future student behaviors & calculate potential risk of each
- Predict future student behaviors & calculate potential risk
- Administer effective descipline to students who have made a threat
- And so much more...
$395.00 per person
It takes TEAMWORK to prevent violence! For agencies that register 3 or more participants, we'll give you the same number in free seats!!
For more INFORMATION & to REGISTER online http://www.peoplearetheprize.com, or call 540-577-7200. Class size is limited
Cheektowaga Police Department
3223 Union Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14227