APCO Basic Public Safety Telecommunicators Course
November 18 - 22, 2013
The Erie County Law Enforcement Training Academy in cooperation with Erie County Central Police Services will present a one week Basic Public Safety Telecommunicators Course. This course is certified by the Association of Public-Safety Communication Professionals (APCO).
The PST course may be used for new-hire and existing employee training. Students successfully passing the final exam receive APCO Institute certification demonstrating completion of a training course that meets and exceeds industry accepted national basic training standards.
Training modules include:
• Introduction to Your New Career (roles and responsibilities of the position)
• Interpersonal Communications
• Telephone Communications Techniques: Call Processing
• Telephony – Traditional Technology
• Telephony – Emerging Technology
• Telephony – TTY
• Computer Aided Dispatch & Related Technologies
• Radio Communications Techniques
• Radio Technology
• Call Classification
• NIMS Incident Command System
• Liability Issues
• Preparing for Your New Career (stress management)
Course enrollment will be limited to twenty four (24) students.
There is no course cost for Erie County Agencies. However, each agency must purchase course materials at $79 per student. Please contact Michelle Kerr of Erie County Central Police Services for information on purchasing course materials. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 716-858-2907.
Please Observe The Academy Dress Code:
Uniform or shirt and tie for men, proper business attire for women; blue jeans are ‘NOT” acceptable
Erie County Law Enforcement Training Academy, Erie Community College North, 6205 Main Street, Williamsville, NY 14221
Registration can be done HERE or print and fax to 716-270-5390
Edward C. Hempling, Director of Training