Erie County Legislator John J. Mills reminds residents that the county is hosting a Hazardous Waste Drop-off Day from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 15 at Erie Community College South Campus. Please enter from Big Tree Road - Route 20A via Abbott Road.
“The Hazardous Waste Drop-Off event is valuable to our community, greatly decreasing the impact these materials would have on our environment if they were tossed directly into the trash, landfill or waterways. If you have any acceptable materials in your home, please plan to drop them off at this event so they can be recycled or reused, or disposed of properly,” said Legislator Mills.
Acceptable items include:
- Pesticides, fertilizers, pool and household chemicals/cleaners - limit 2 gallons
- Oil-based paints, spray cans - limit 10 gallons
- Oil, gasoline, kerosene, antifreeze - limit 10 gallons
- Paint thinner, stripper & solvents-limit 2 gallons
- Batteries - lead acid & rechargeable
- Mercury - thermometers, thermostats, metal
- Propane tanks & cylinders - full or empty
Items that will not be accepted include: tires, latex paint, fluorescent light bulbs, computers, appliances, and commercial and industrial waste.
Participants may need to verify that wastes are generated by households.
For additional information, please contact Legislator Mills at 858-8850 or email email@example.com.