As a service to older adults (aged 60+) in Erie County, in collaboration with community partners, the Department of Senior Services offers the Going Places Transportation Program.
The curb-to-curb van service is available to seniors who are unable to use conventional means of transportation.
Call (716) 858-RIDE or (716) 858-7433 - 8:30 am to 4:20 pm Monday through Friday.
Schedule health-related trips two weeks ahead of the day of your appointment and schedule non-medical trips one week ahead of the day of your appointment. There is a brief registration that is required for service.
Priorities for Van Service
- Health Related (NON-EMERGENCY)
Trips to the doctor, clinic, hospital, counseling, therapy, prescriptions, etc.
- Food & Nutrition
Trips to Stay Fit Dining Sites or grocery stores.
- Personal Business
Trips for banking or bill-paying, HEAP, Social Services, HIICAP (Health Insurance Information Counseling & Assistance Program), legal assistance, etc.
- Social Activities
Trips made for social or recreational purposes or volunteer opportunities
Transportation Contribution Policy
A suggested contribution is $3 per one-way trip or $6 per round-trip; wheelchair service is $8 per one-way trip or $16 per round-trip. Contributions are always voluntary. Any amount you wish to give is greatly appreciated and will be used to expand the transportation program.
All contributions are confidential and no one will be denied service if unable to donate.
Vans have been assigned to the following communities. Please call (716) 858-RIDE or (716) 858-7433 to make arrangements.
*Wheelchair van service may be available upon request - please specify when requesting rides.
- City of Buffalo (service 8:30am - 3:15pm)
- City of Lackawanna (service 9:00am -4:00pm)
- City of Tonawanda (Call 505-1172 for scheduling Mondays only 9-11am)
- Towns of Aurora and Elma (Call 652-8866 for scheduling daily 8:30am - 4:30pm)
- Town of Cheektowaga (service 8:15am - 3:00pm)
- Towns of Clarence (service 9:00am - 3:00pm, Monday Wednesday, Thursday)
- Towns of Evans (service 8:00am - 3:00pm, no Thursdays)
- Town of Lancaster (service 8:30am - 3:00pm)
- Town of Newstead (service 8:30am - 3:00pm, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday)
- Towns of Orchard Park & Boston (service 9:00am - 3:15pm, no Mondays)
- Town of West Seneca (service 9:15am - 3:30pm)
Residents who find themselves without Going Places Services should call Erie County Senior Services / NY Connects (716) 858-8526 to inquire about other options.
The City of Buffalo Division for Senior Citizens has service for medical and grocery needs - you can contact them at (716) 851-4141 or here.
Are you concerned about an aging loved one who may be driving at risk? Help is available.