Erie County RSVP offers a full range of volunteer opportunities with over 90 local non-profit and public organizations. With RSVP, you choose how and where you want to serve. You choose the amount of time you want to give. And you choose whether you want to draw on your skills or develop new ones. In short, you find the opportunity that’s right for you.
Help others by sharing your experience, abilities and skills - join the team of senior volunteers making a difference in Erie County by contacting us at (716) 858-7548 today.
All new RSVP volunteers are required to attend an orientation session. If you are an active RSVP volunteer but have never attended an orientation, you are required to attend an orientation session. Orientations are 90 minutes and cover RSVP’s history, mission, volunteer policies and procedures, volunteer opportunities, and volunteer benefits. Meet other RSVP volunteers and find out about the many ways that RSVP is making a difference in Erie County!
Next Orientation is:
Check back here for upcoming orientations!
PLEASE BRING A COPY OF YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE AND AUTO INSURANCE ID CARD IF YOU DRIVE TO YOUR VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT.
PLEASE NOTIFY US AT 858-7548 IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THIS ORIENTATION. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND, WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF FUTURE ORIENTATIONS.
- Opportunity to try new things and meet new people
- Satisfaction of knowing you are needed and appreciated
- Volunteer recognition
- Travel reimbursement (mileage, bus, rapid transit)
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
Some of the Things RSVP Volunteers Do:
- Bring donated food from restaurants and stores to soup kitchens, etc. to alleviate hunger
- Help children learn to read or improve math skills
- Show people how to observe nature and ask questions by acting as tour guides and docents at nature preserves, the zoo, or varied museums
- Make friendly phone calls to alleviate loneliness
- Deliver meals to people who are unable to leave their homes
- Drive vans to transport elderly and disabled persons to places they need to go
- And many more to make a difference in the community
Check out our three inspiring new videos! RSVP volunteers describe how volunteering has enriched both their lives and our community, and why their unique volunteer role is a perfect fit for what they enjoy and how they want to give back. That’s what RSVP is all about! We are very grateful to all the volunteers and supervisors who were part of the video, and to the Trellis Marketing team of Catharine McCracken, Katherine Kolber, and videographer Keith for making our ideas into a reality.