Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Erie County for all residents of Erie County age 55 or older.
Help others by sharing your experience, abilities and skills - join the team of senior volunteers making a difference in Erie County by contacting us at (716) 858-7548 today.
Benefits of Being an RSVP Volunteer:
- Opportunity to try new things and meet new people
- Satisfaction of knowing you are needed and appreciated
- Volunteer recognition
- Travel reimbursement (mileage, bus, rapid transit)
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
Some of the Things RSVP Volunteers Do:
- Bring donated food from restaurants and stores to soup kitchens, etc. to alleviate hunger
- Help children learn to read or improve math skills
- Show people how to observe nature and ask questions by acting as tour guides and docents at nature preserves, the zoo, or varied museums
- Deliver meals to people who are unable to leave their homes
- Make friendly phone calls to alleviate loneliness
- Drive vans to transport elderly and disabled persons to places they need to go
- And many more to make a difference in the community
Ring in the 2016 New Year as a Volunteer
Is one of your new year’s resolutions to get more involved, meet new people, or to help others in need? Then become a volunteer through RSVP! As an RSVP volunteer, you will be matched with a rewarding opportunity that fits your skills, interests and schedule. There are so many ways to volunteer within one (or more) of our over 90 partner sites. RSVP volunteers serve in the Buffalo Public Schools, as tour guides at the Buffalo and Erie County Naval Park, serving up a hot meal at the Matt Urban Hope Center and so much more. Come to our upcoming orientation to learn more!
RSVP Volunteer Orientation on Wed., Feb. 17th 1:00pm - 2:30pm at partner site, Amherst Senior Center, 370 John James Audubon Pkwy., Room 3, Amherst, NY 14228
Orientations cover RSVP’s history and mission, volunteer policies and procedures, volunteer opportunities, and volunteer benefits. A representative from Amherst will also be there to review their volunteer needs. To sign-up, please call (716) 858-7548 registration is required.