Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Erie County for all residents of Erie County age 55 or older.
Help others by sharing your experience, abilities and skills - join the team of senior volunteers making a difference in Erie County by contacting us at (716) 858-7548 today.
Benefits of Being an RSVP Volunteer:
- Opportunity to try new things and meet new people
- Satisfaction of knowing you are needed and appreciated
- Volunteer recognition
- Travel reimbursement (mileage, bus, rapid transit)
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
Some of the Things RSVP Volunteers Do:
- Bring donated food from restaurants and stores to soup kitchens, etc. to alleviate hunger
- Help children learn to read or improve math skills
- Show people how to observe nature and ask questions by acting as tour guides and docents at nature preserves, the zoo, or varied museums
- Deliver meals to people who are unable to leave their homes
- Make friendly phone calls to alleviate loneliness
- Drive vans to transport elderly and disabled persons to places they need to go
- And many more to make a difference in the community
Current RSVP Volunteers please SAVE THE DATE - our Annual Volunteer Recognition Tribute Day will be Thursday, August 27th.
Doors open at 11:00 am.
Delicious lunch, door prizes and raffles, and a special treat at the historic Our Lady of Victory Basilica. The amazingly talented Emily Tworek-Helenbrook, a 20-year old Soprano and Buffalo Philharmonic Performer, will be giving RSVP a special concert. All RSVP volunteers who have submitted at least 40 hours of service are invited as our guests.
Please call (716) 858-7548 for more information.