Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Erie County for all residents of Erie County age 55 or older.
Help others by sharing your experience, abilities and skills - join the team of senior volunteers making a difference in Erie County by contacting us at (716) 858-7548 today.
Benefits of Being an RSVP Volunteer:
- Opportunity to try new things and meet new people
- Satisfaction of knowing you are needed and appreciated
- Volunteer recognition
- Travel reimbursement (mileage, bus, rapid transit)
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
Some of the Things RSVP Volunteers Do:
- Bring donated food from restaurants and stores to soup kitchens, etc. to alleviate hunger
- Help children learn to read or improve math skills
- Show people how to observe nature and ask questions by acting as tour guides and docents at nature preserves, the zoo, or varied museums
- Deliver meals to people who are unable to leave their homes
- Make friendly phone calls to alleviate loneliness
- Drive vans to transport elderly and disabled persons to places they need to go
- And many more to make a difference in the community
There are so many ways to volunteer within one (or more) of our over 90 partner sites. RSVP volunteers serve in the Buffalo Public Schools, as tour guides at the Buffalo and Erie County Naval Park, serving up a hot meal at the Matt Urban Hope Center and so much more.
You’ve gained a lifetime of experience. Now is the time to put your skills and talents to good use by volunteering through Erie County’s Retired and Senior Volunteer Program – RSVP. Orientations cover RSVP’s history and mission, volunteer policies and procedures, volunteer opportunities, and volunteer benefits.
Please join us for one of the following orientations to learn more and where you can start volunteering! Call us at (716)858-7548 to register today! Registration is required.
DID YOU KNOW?
Volunteers in the classroom can make an astounding, positive change in the habits and behavior of a child. Students working with volunteers not only have higher test scores and improved grades but also demonstrate a better attitude, higher level of self-confidence, have fewer absences, regularly complete homework assignments and ultimately are more likely to graduate.
RSVP is seeking volunteers to serve in select Buffalo Public Schools this coming school year. Volunteers work one-on-one or in small groups working, reading, writing, and practicing math skills.