Where Do You Want to Make a Difference?
Retired Senior Volunteer Program of Erie County
For all residents of Erie County age 55 or older
Help Others By Sharing Your Experience, Abilities And Skills
Join the team of senior volunteers making a difference in Erie County.
Contact Carrie Smith at 858-7548 or email@example.com today.
The Spring 2014 Semester of University Express is here! Click here to read more. We welcome new site - SCENe in Springville!
Enjoy a slideshow of some RSVP Volunteers photographed "in action"... helping in pantries, helping people of all ages learn new things, driving, so many ways!
Want a "taste" of volunteering? Join our email list to receive notice of upcoming one-day or short-term opportunities! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list. You might just love it!
Go to www.facebook.com/ECRSVPand "like" our page to be able to see new and upcoming volunteer opportunities, stories, and photos of volunteers in action! Add your own stories and comments if you wish! Please note you must have your own personal facebook page to access the site.
Benefits of being an RSVP volunteer:
- Opportunity to try new things and meet new people
- Satisfaction of knowing you are needed and appreciated
- Volunteer recognition
- Travel reimbursement (mileage, bus, rapid transit)
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
Some of the Things RSVP Volunteers Do:
- Bring donated food from restaurants and stores to soup kitchens, etc. to alleviate hunger
- Help children learn to read
- Show people how to observe nature and ask questions, acting as tour guides and docents at nature preserves, the zoo, or varied museums
- Deliver meals to people unable to leave their homes
- Make friendly phone calls alleviating loneliness
- Sew costumes for SABAH, make turbans for cancer patients undergoing radiation treatment, assemble lap quilts for patients in nursing homes, hospitals
- Drive vans to transport elderly and disabled persons to places they need to go
- And much, much more to make a difference in the community
Patricia Dowling - Director
Carrie Smith - Volunteer Coordinator