Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Erie County
For all residents of Erie County age 55 or older
Help others by sharing your experience, abilities and skills. Join the team of senior volunteers making a difference in Erie County. Contact Carrie Smith at 858-7548 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Benefits of being an RSVP volunteer:
- Opportunity to try new things and meet new people
- Satisfaction of knowing you are needed and appreciated
- Volunteer recognition
- Travel reimbursement (mileage, bus, rapid transit)
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
Some of the Things RSVP Volunteers Do:
- Bring donated food from restaurants and stores to soup kitchens, etc. to alleviate hunger
- Help children learn to read
- Show people how to observe nature and ask questions, acting as tour guides and docents at nature preserves, the zoo, or varied museums
- Deliver meals to people unable to leave their homes
- Make friendly phone calls alleviating loneliness
- Sew costumes for SABAH, make turbans for cancer patients undergoing radiation treatment, assemble lap quilts for patients in nursing homes, hospitals
- Drive vans to transport elderly and disabled persons to places they need to go
- And much, much more to make a difference in the community
Want to learn more about RSVP and how you can you help your community? Please join us for an Orientation on Thurs., Feb. 19th 12:30pm at the Amherst Senior Center. To register, call (716)858-7548. Registration is Required.
Erie County RSVP has close to 100 partners where 800+ volunteers serve. Check out our full listing of volunteer opportunities See an opportunity you like? Download RSVP application/enrollment here and send it in!
We would like to thank our 7 host sites and our valued partner & BlueCross BlueShield of WNY for a successful year of University Express! Keep an eye out for our Spring 2015 Semester coming in March with classes scheduled to begin in April. If you would like to receive the schedule via standard mail or email (email participants are the first to recieve it!), please call our office at 858-7548 or email carrie.smith@ erie.gov. Schedules will also be available at your local public library and all 7 host sites. Click here to see the Fall 2014 Schedule.
Enjoy a slideshow of some RSVP Volunteers photographed "in action"... helping in pantries, helping people of all ages learn new things, driving, so many ways!
Want a "taste" of volunteering? Join our email list to receive notice of upcoming one-day or short-term opportunities! Contact email@example.com to be added to the list. You might just love it!
Go to www.facebook.com/ECRSVPand "like" our page to be able to see new and upcoming volunteer opportunities, stories, and photos of volunteers in action! Add your own stories and comments if you wish! Please note you must have your own personal facebook page to access the site.
Is your community organization, church, club, etc. looking to book presenters for the upcoming year? Give RSVP a call at (716) 858-7548 to schedule a FREE presentation on the local community needs and how by volunteering, you can help!
Patricia Dowling - Director
Carrie Smith - Volunteer Coordinator