Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Erie County for all residents of Erie County age 55 or older.
Help others by sharing your experience, abilities and skills - join the team of senior volunteers making a difference in Erie County by contacting us at (716) 858-7548 today.
Benefits of Being an RSVP Volunteer:
- Opportunity to try new things and meet new people
- Satisfaction of knowing you are needed and appreciated
- Volunteer recognition
- Travel reimbursement (mileage, bus, rapid transit)
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
Some of the Things RSVP Volunteers Do:
- Bring donated food from restaurants and stores to soup kitchens, etc. to alleviate hunger
- Help children learn to read or improve math skills
- Show people how to observe nature and ask questions by acting as tour guides and docents at nature preserves, the zoo, or varied museums
- Deliver meals to people who are unable to leave their homes
- Make friendly phone calls to alleviate loneliness
- Drive vans to transport elderly and disabled persons to places they need to go
- And many more to make a difference in the community
There are so many ways to volunteer within one (or more) of our over 90 partner sites. RSVP volunteers serve in the Buffalo Public Schools, as tour guides at the Buffalo and Erie County Naval Park, serving up a hot meal at the Matt Urban Hope Center and so much more.
You’ve gained a lifetime of experience. Now is the time to put your skills and talents to good use by volunteering through Erie County’s Retired and Senior Volunteer Program – RSVP. Orientations cover RSVP’s history and mission, volunteer policies and procedures, volunteer opportunities, and volunteer benefits.
All new RSVP volunteers are required to attend an orientation session. If you are an active RSVP volunteer but have never attended an orientation, you are required to attend an orientation session. RSVP volunteers can attend the orientation at the most convenient site. Orientations are 90 minutes and cover RSVP’s history and mission, volunteer policies and procedures, volunteer opportunities, and volunteer benefits. Meet other RSVP volunteers and find out about the many ways that RSVP is making a difference in Erie County!
Next Orientation is:
Mon., Aug 7th Amherst Senior Center
2:00pm – 3:30pm 370 John James Audubon Pkwy, Amherst
Fri., Aug 14th Orchard Park Senior Center
9:30am – 11:00am 70 Linwood Ave, Orchard Park
PLEASE BRING A COPY OF YOUR DRIVER’S LICENSE AND AUTO INSURANCE ID CARD IF YOU DRIVE TO YOUR VOLUNTEER ASSIGNMENT.
PLEASE NOTIFY US AT 858-7548 IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND THIS ORIENTATION. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND, WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF FUTURE ORIENTATIONS.