Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) of Erie County
For all residents of Erie County age 55 or older
Help others by sharing your experience, abilities and skills. Join the team of senior volunteers making a difference in Erie County. Contact Carrie Smith at (716) 858-7548 or firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Benefits of being an RSVP volunteer:
- Opportunity to try new things and meet new people
- Satisfaction of knowing you are needed and appreciated
- Volunteer recognition
- Travel reimbursement (mileage, bus, rapid transit)
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
Some of the Things RSVP Volunteers Do:
- Bring donated food from restaurants and stores to soup kitchens, etc. to alleviate hunger
- Help children learn to read
- Show people how to observe nature and ask questions, acting as tour guides and docents at nature preserves, the zoo, or varied museums
- Deliver meals to people unable to leave their homes
- Make friendly phone calls alleviating loneliness
- Sew costumes for SABAH, make turbans for cancer patients undergoing radiation treatment, assemble lap quilts for patients in nursing homes, hospitals
- Drive vans to transport elderly and disabled persons to places they need to go
- And much, much more to make a difference in the community
Want to learn more about RSVP and how you can you help your community? Please join us for an orientation on Wed., April 28th 9:00am at the Olmsted Center for Sight. To register, call (716) 858-7548 - registration is required.
Erie County RSVP has close to 100 partners where 800+ volunteers serve. Check out our full listing of volunteer opportunities. See an opportunity you like? Download RSVP application/enrollment form and send it in!
These are FREE, one hour courses in a variety of topics such as current events, history, and science. Classes are designed to provide older adults with opportunities for intellectual stimulation, learning, and discussion in accessible settings. No homework, no tests, just exciting discussion about academic topics alongside peers with similar interests.
The Spring 2015 Semester schedule is here! Click here to get your copy!
Enjoy a slideshow of some RSVP Volunteers photographed "in action"... helping in pantries, helping people of all ages learn new things, driving, so many ways!
Want a "taste" of volunteering? Join our email list to receive notice of upcoming one-day or short-term opportunities! Contact email@example.com to be added to the list. You might just love it!
Go to www.facebook.com/ECRSVP and "like" our page to be able to see new and upcoming volunteer opportunities, stories, and photos of volunteers in action! Add your own stories and comments if you wish!
Is your community organization, church, club, etc. looking to book presenters for the upcoming year? Give RSVP a call at (716) 858-7548 to schedule a FREE presentation on the local community needs and how by volunteering, you can help!
Patricia Dowling - Director
Carrie Smith - Volunteer Coordinator