VA provides a number of health care services.
- Hospital, outpatient medical, dental, pharmacy and prosthetic services
- Domiciliary, nursing home, and community-based residential care
- Sexual trauma counseling
- Specialized health care for women veterans
- Health and rehabilitation programs for
- Homeless Veterans
- Readjustment counseling
- Alcohol and drug dependency treatment
- Medical evaluation for disorders associated with military service in the Gulf War, or exposure to Agent Orange, radiation, and other environmental hazards
Combat Veterans - VA provides free health care for veterans who served in a theater of combat operations after November 11, 1998, for any illness possibly related to their service in that theater.
Time Limits: You have five years from the date of your discharge from active duty on or after January 28, 2003. You have until January 27, 2011, if you were discharged from active duty before January 28, 2003, and were not enrolled as of January 28, 2008.
ECVSA Note: To enroll into the VA Western New York Health Care System you will need complete VA Form 10-10EZ and mail it to: Buffalo VA Medical Center, 3495 Bailey Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14215. For specific questions about your individual enrollment, please call 716-834-9200.