Christopher M Snyder, Zoning Officer
The Alden Town Board has adopted a detailed zoning code including R-A, R-1, R-2, R-3, R-C, C-1, C-2, C-3, M-1, M-2 districts in an attempt to protect all residents while following the Town Master Plan.
We have included vital information dealing with the most common zoning issues. This information is provided to assist you with your project. BEFORE you purchase property, modify any property or begin construction, contact our office for specific information.
- Minimum Lot Size:
- RA zone - 200' x 80,000 square feet
- R districts - 100' x 20,000 square feet
- C & M districts determined by site plan
- Setbacks from Road Right of Way
- State Rd. - varies
- County Rd. - 35'
- Town Rd - 35'
- Building Side lot and Rear lot Setbacks for detached buildings:
5' minimum from side and 10' rear lot lines except fences which can be placed on the lot line
- Building setbacks for the principal building - 10' minimum from side property line and 30' to the rear property line