ARE YOU READY?
In order for you to have the best experience at one of our Auto Bureaus, it is very important you are READY with all your documentation and forms before you come in. Please use our Website and the DMV Document guide to help you GET READY.
- Make sure you provide a valid email address and/or write down your confirmation number.
- Head to the selected location and go straight to Customer Service (arrive no earlier than 15 minutes early).
- Up to three (3) transactions ONLY will be allowed per reservation.
- Permit Test appointments are separate from other auto bureau business. If you are scheduling a Permit Test, please schedule a second appointment to conduct other transactions.
- Please note booking an appointment does not always eliminate a wait time, but it is greatly reduced.
- We care about the health and safety of EVERYONE. In order for you to be allowed entry, PLEASE adhere to the following:
1.) ARRIVE NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
2.) BRING YOUR OWN PEN
Please DO NOT come if you:
1.) HAVE A FEVER OR ARE EXPERIENCING COLD/FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS
2.) DO NOT HAVE AUTO BUREAU BUSINESS TO PERSONALLY CONDUCT
Can't find what you need on our website please call the Clerk's Outreach Center at 716-858-8864
or email us at ErieCountyClerkOffice@erie.gov.
For general assistance, call NYS DMV Information Line (518) 486-9786. Representatives are available for general assistance on weekdays (See Holiday Hours) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD): 711 or 1-800-662-1220 (have the relay operator dial 1-518-486-9786).
New Year's Day; Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; President's Day; Good Friday; Memorial Day; Independence Day (July 3 rd and 4th); Labor Day; Election Day; Veterans Day; Thanksgiving Day; Christmas Day.
**Both the Tonawanda and West Seneca Auto Bureau Offices will be Closed, Saturday, July 4th in observance of Independence Day**
Attention: Learner Permit and CDL Testing ends one hour prior to the closing of that office.