ARE YOU READY?
In order for you to have the best experience at one of our Auto Bureaus, it is very important you are READY with all your documentation and forms before you come in. Please use our Website and the DMV Document guide to help you GET READY.
- Make sure you provide a valid email address and/or write down your confirmation number.
- Head to the selected location and go straight to Customer Service (arrive no earlier than 15 minutes early).
- Up to three (3) transactions ONLY will be allowed per reservation.
- Permit Test appointments are separate from other auto bureau business. If you are scheduling a Permit Test, please schedule a second appointment to conduct other transactions.
- Please note booking an appointment does not always eliminate a wait time, but it is greatly reduced.
- We care about the health and safety of EVERYONE. In order for you to be allowed entry, PLEASE adhere to the following:
Can't find what you need? Call the Clerk's Outreach Center at 716-858-8864 or
email us ErieCountyClerkOffice@erie.gov.
For general assistance, call NYS DMV Information Line (518) 486-9786. Representatives are available for general assistance on weekdays (See Holiday Hours) between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD): 711 or 1-800-662-1220 (have the relay operator dial 1-518-486-9786).
New Year's Day; Martin Luther King, Jr. Day; President's Day; Good Friday; Memorial Day; Independence Day (July 3 rd and 4th); Labor Day; Election Day; Veterans Day; Thanksgiving Day; Christmas Day.
****ALL offices will be CLOSED Friday, April 15th in observance of Good Friday****
Attention: Learner Permit and CDL Testing ends one hour prior to the closing of that office.