Fight Fires. Save Lives.
Visit Our New Recruitment Site: www.iVolunteerFIRE.org to learn more about becoming a volunteer firefighter or first responder in Erie County.
If You're Tough Enough - If You're Smart Enough
If You Care Enough to Volunteer ...
Some important facts about how Emergency Services are provided in Erie County and how you can join:
Volunteers Provide the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and Fire Protection in Your Community (Outside of the Cities of Buffalo and Lackawanna).
There are 94 volunteer fire departments and approximately 5,000+ volunteer fire fighters in Erie County.
No previous emergency services experience or training is required to volunteer.
Some fire companies offer limited forms of membership such as EMS Only, Fire Police Only, Fire Fighting Only, Specialized Rescue Only or Corporate Membership - while others require that you participate in all emergency services.
Some fire companies offer a Length of Service Award Program (LOSAP) which rewards members for years of service.
Many fire companies offer a Firefighting Explorer Post program for youths age 14-18 and/or a mens/ladies auxiliary.
Most fire departments offer FREE training, personal protection equipment, pagers, uniforms, and/or other department apparel.
All Fire Companies in Erie County Want Additional Volunteers.
For More Information about how you can join the exciting field of volunteer fire fighting and emergency services, click iVolunteerFIRE.org, call 716.601.3021 or e-mail iVolunteerFIRE@erie.gov
- Become a Volunteer Firefighter/EMT in:
- Erie County - iVolunteerFIRE.org and iVolunteerEMS.org
- Cattaraugus County - Catt County Emergency Services
- Chautauqua County - Chautauqua County Emergency Services
- Genesee County - ReadyGenesee
- Niagara County - Niagara County Emergency Services
- Wyoming County - Wyoming County Emergency Management
- Anywhere Else in New York State - FireInYou.org
- Anywhere Else in the United States - MakeMeAFirefighter.org