Modified: October 31, 2016 4:07pm
THIS COURSE IS CANCELLED: AS OF: 10/31/16
FEMA L550 –COOP (Continuity of Operations) PLANNER’S TRAIN-THE-TRAINER WORKSHOP (Erie County Course#L550-16001)
The Continuity of Operations (COOP) Planner’s Workshop is to provide COOP training for Continuity Planners at the Federal, State, Territorial, Local, and Tribal levels of government with special attention to Fire/EMS/LE and other public safety agencies and organizations. Federal Continuity Directive (FCD) 1 directs the Federal executive branch departments and agencies and offers guidance for non-federal, in governments for developing COOP Plans and Programs. COOP Plans facilitate the performance of essential functions during any situation which may disrupt normal operations. The goal of this workshop is to provide you with the tools and hands-on experience necessary to improve your departments’ or agencies’ Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans. This training includes a train-the-trainer module to equip planners to facilitate the course to others.
November 14th – 16th , 2016 6:pm-10pm (3 evenings-4 hrs. ea.)
Erie County Division of Fire Safety
Department of Emergency Services
Training & Operations Center
3359 Broadway - Cheektowaga NY 14227
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Assess your organization’s current continuity plan.
- Relate the planning steps to each phase of continuity operations.
- Identify key persons who should be included in the continuity planning process.
- Identify areas requiring more detail in your current continuity plans and develop a strategy or strategies for resolving them.
- Analyze the risks and vulnerabilities related to your primary facility and the selection of alternate facilities.
- Revise or develop your organization’s continuity plans.
- Develop a strategy for testing, training, and exercising your continuity plans.
A Continuity of Operations Plan (a final or draft plan will be suggested for activities during the workshop).
Federal, State and Local Government employees responsible for managing a Continuity of Operations Program with special attention to Fire/EMS/LE and other public safety agencies and organizations. There is no stipend for non-federal attendees.
There is no cost for the training; however, the employee’s office, directorate or agency is responsible for all travel costs associated with this training.
- Please submit an Erie County Standard Training Course Application to the Erie County Fire Safety Office:
Fax-716-681-3645 or via email to email@example.com.
Application can be found at www.erie.gov/FIRE.
- Please submit a completed FEMA Form 119-25-1 (formerly 75-5 (General Admission Application, August 2010) to the Lead Instructor on the first day of the class.
Class size is limited to the first 20 to register. A waiting list will be established and declined applicants will be contacted should there be any cancellations.
Applicants with special needs should contact Deputy Fire Coordinator Tiger Schmittendorf - 716-681-7111 firstname.lastname@example.org
November 10th, 2016
COURSE CANCELLATION POLICY:
Forward cancellation notifications via email to email@example.com.
POINTS OF CONTACT:
FEMA Region II
Regional Continuity Manager
Phone: (646) 462-1725
Local Contact: Deputy Fire Coordinator Tiger Schmittendorf
716-681-7111 – firstname.lastname@example.org