ERIE.GOV | Your information resource from the government of Erie County, New York

County Executive Elected Officials County Departments Living In Erie County Visiting Erie County Growing your business in Erie County State and regional municipalities

Justice Court


Clarence Town Court
      5 Town Place
(Note: this is the new building next to the Town Hall)
  Enter parking lot off of Goodrich Road between
              Greiner and Roll Road

mailing address:  One Town Place
Clarence, NY 14031
PH: (716) 741-8948

FX: (716) 741-2976

Michael B. Powers

Marilyn Taton
Mary E. Kelley

Peter Vasilion


Court Sessions:
Tuesday -  Judge Michael B. Powers.........5:00 pm

Office/Window Hours:
Monday - Fridays: 8:30 am - 4:30pm

Adjournments will be granted for good cause shown no later than 3:30 PM on Court Session days.

Resolution Of Vehicle And Traffic Violations

  1. By Mail
    1. A Not guilty plea is made by signing and dating Part B of the summons and mailing the summons to Court. Part B is located on the back if you have a yellow ticket. If you have a white, 8½ x 11 ticket, the summons is printed on the right hand side. After receiving your ticket the court will mail you a notification of your next court date.
    2. Guilty plea is made by signing and dating Part A and mailing to Court, which will notify offender of fine that must be promptly paid.
  2. In Person
    1. You may appear at the Court office between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM to plead in cafeteria court.
    2. You may appear on the night scheduled on the summons to plead not guilty or guilty.

Please do not ask the Court Clerk to transfer a matter from one Judge to another.  Court clerks are unable to give you legal advice.

Resolution Of Criminal Charges And Vehicle And Traffic Misdemeanors
The party charged must appear in person or an attorney can appear on behalf of the alleged offender, with their client's written consent.

Bail is set to assure the appearance of the party charged and will be held by the Court until final disposition of the charges.

Eviction Information: 
Go this is site for you free, easy and do-it-yourself program for prepare your papers and information on tenant eviction.

Civil Jurisdiction
Call the Court Clerks to inquire about Civil and Small Claims matters where the Court's jurisdiction is limited to $3,000. Landlord - Tenant matters the monetary jurisdiction is unlimited.

Town Justices
Each Judge should be contacted by calling the Court Office. The Judge will not talk to a Party unless all Parties are present.

(Go to this site for a free, easy do-it-yourself program for forms and facts)
In the event that you should find that you need legal advice, you may contact an attorney or the Erie County Bar Association at (716)852-3100.