Modified: April 28, 2015 11:20am
WNY Coalition for Donated Goods, Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve Offer Multiple Collection Sites
ERIE COUNTY, NY— Residents doing some spring cleaning and hoping to donate items are encouraged to take part in “Earth Day in May” this Saturday, May 2 2015 from 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM. The Western New York Coalition for Donated Goods (“WNYCDG”) and the Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve are celebrating Earth Day with a stewardship day at the Preserve and a textile drive at sites around Erie County. Research shows that the average person throws out over 70 pounds of clothing a year, all textiles that can be used by donation centers.
Earth Day in May Donation Sites, Sat. May 2, 10 AM – 1 PM:
- Reinstein Woods Nature Preserve, 93 Honorine Drive, Depew
- Buffalo & Erie County Public Library locations: Orchard Park Public Library (S-4570 South Buffalo Street, Orchard Park); West Seneca Public Library (1300 Union Road, West Seneca); Grand Island Memorial Library (1715 Bedell Road, Grand Island)
- Bidwell Parkway & Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo (Bicycles also being accepted at this location along with textiles until 2 PM)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Park (enter off Fillmore Avenue; community paper shredding and clothing drive also happening at this location)
- City of Buffalo Engineering Garage, 1120 Seneca Street, Buffalo (open until 2 PM)
- Niagara Falls Fashion Outlet (near Saks Fifth Avenue until 2 PM)
The WNYCDG is a collaboration of nonprofit organizations with a mission to educate the community about the environmental and economic benefits of recycling unwanted clothing and other donated goods, while providing easy access to donation opportunities. With the support and guidance of the Erie County and City of Buffalo recycling programs, the Coalition includes Goodwill Industries of WNY, the Salvation Army of Buffalo, Buffalo City Mission, AMVETS, Hearts for the Homeless of WNY, and St. Vincent DePaul. Donations collected during this effort will be divided among WNYCDG member agencies. Click here for more information.