Modified: May 2, 2016 4:44pm
EC Department of Environment and Planning, Partners ready ECC North Campus site
ERIE COUNTY, NY— The Erie County Department of Environment and Planning, in cooperation with the Northwest and Northeast Southtowns Solid Waste Management Boards, Erie Community College, and the Town of Amherst, are preparing for a Household Hazardous Waste Dropoff Event to be held this Saturday, May 7 from 9 AM – 2 PM at the ECC North Campus in Williamsville. Participants should enter the campus from the Wehrle Drive entrance.
ITEMS WHICH CAN BE BROUGHT FOR DISPOSAL INCLUDE:
• Pesticides, Fertilizers, Pool and Household Chemicals/Cleaners (limit 2 gallons or 20 pounds)
• Oil-based paints, Spray cans (limit 10 gallons)
• Paint Thinner, Stripper and Solvents (limit 2 gallons)
• Batteries (lead acid & rechargeable)
• Oil, Gasoline, Kerosene, Antifreeze (limit 10 gallons)
• Mercury (thermometers, thermostats, metal)
ITEMS WHICH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED INCLUDE:
• Latex paint
• Automobile tires
• Computers and other electronics
• Fluorescent bulbs
• Commercial/industrial wastes
For more information, for a full list of items that will be accepted, or for details on how to properly dispose of latex paint, call the Erie County Household Hazardous Waste 24-Hour Hotline at (716) 858-6800 or visit www.erie.gov/environment to see the full flyer.
Participants may need to verify that their waste products were generated by households.
Support for hazardous household waste dropoff events is provided by Erie Community College, Elwood Fire Protection, Inc., NOCO Energy Corp., The Battery Post, Inc., and the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.