Modified: June 8, 2016 11:12am
The Erie County Department of Environment and Planning, in cooperation with the Northeast Southtowns Solid Waste Management Board and Erie Community College, are preparing for a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event to be held Saturday, June 18 from 9 AM – 2 PM at the ECC South Campus in Orchard Park.
Participants should enter the campus from the Big Tree Road/Rte. 20A entrance.
ITEMS WHICH CAN BE BROUGHT FOR DISPOSAL INCLUDE:
• Pesticides, Fertilizers, Pool and Household Chemicals/Cleaners (limit 2 gallons or 20 pounds)
• Oil-based paints, Spray cans (limit 10 gallons)
• Paint Thinner, Stripper and Solvents (limit 2 gallons)
• Batteries (lead acid & rechargeable)
• Oil, Gasoline, Kerosene, Antifreeze (limit 10 gallons); Propane tanks and propane cylinders
• Mercury (thermometers, thermostats, metal)
ITEMS WHICH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED INCLUDE:
• Latex paint
• Automobile tires
• Computers and other electronics
• Fluorescent bulbs
• Commercial/industrial wastes
For more information, for a full list of items that will be accepted, or for details on how to properly dispose of latex paint, call the Erie County Household Hazardous Waste 24-Hour Hotline at (716) 858-6800 or visit www.erie.gov/environment to see the full flyer.
Participants may need to verify that their waste products were generated by households.
Support for household hazardous waste collection events is provided by Elwood Fire Protection, Inc., NOCO Energy Corp., The Battery Post, Inc., and the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.