Modified: January 30, 2017 1:32pm
32ND ANNUAL NEW YORK STATE WEEKEND,
NATIONAL FIRE ACADEMY, EMMITSBURG MD
I am pleased to announce The Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services, Office of Fire Prevention & Control will host its 32nd annual New York State Weekend at the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland.
The 2017 weekend is scheduled for May 20-21, 2017.
Courses being offered for 2017
- Decision Making for Initial Company Operations
- Executive Skills Series: Exercising Leadership Ethically
- Leadership II For Fire and EMS: Strategies for Personal Success
- New Fire Chief I: Challenging Issues
- New Fire Chief II: Administrative Issues
- New Fire Chief III: Contemporary Issues
- Youth Firesetting Prevention and Intervention Level I
Attached is the weekend information packet. Please read the packet carefully as there are changes from previous years’ programs.
The packet is also available for down load from the OFPC website: http://www.dhses.ny.gov/ofpc/news/events/documents/nys-weekend-2017.pdf
We hope you will join us for this outstanding training opportunity as well as the chance to network with firefighters from all parts of New York State.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DISSEMINATE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT
John B. Gilmore Jr.
Chief, Fire Operations and Training Branch
NYS Division of Homeland Security & Emergency Services - Office of Fire Prevention & Control
1220 Washington Avenue, Building 7A, Floor 2, Albany, NY 12226