Modified: October 19, 2016 10:38am
PLEASE PRINT, POST & DISTRIBUTE:
TRAINING UPDATE: Cancellation, At-Risk and New Course Announcements
The training schedule has been updated at www.erie.gov/fire to reflect these course announcements:
Course # 9N16003 Engine Company Operations that was due to start at Evans Center on 10/4/16 has been CANCELLED due to insufficient registrations.
COURSES AT RISK:
The following courses are at risk of not running if minimum registrations are not received prior to the course start:
- 1R16002 BEFO-Basic Exterior Firefighting Operations with HazMat starting 10/24 at West Falls
- 6H16009 Firefighter Survival starting 10/10 at Bowmansville
- 9J16003 Principles of Instruction starting 10/18 at Doyle 1
- 1R16008 BEFO-Basic Exterior Firefighting Operations with HazMat starting 11/7 at Newstead (hosting for the Clarence/Newstead Fire Chiefs Assoc.) will be taught using the new 79-hour/25-unit curriculum format which includes Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations, allowing successful graduates to progress into a future (50-hour) IFO-Interior Firefighting Operations/SCBA course; the combination of which is the equivalent for Firefighter 1.
Students seeking to progress on to IFO/SCBA-Interior Firefighting Operations with SCBA and obtaining their Firefighter 1 certificate SHOULD APPLY FOR BOTH COURSES NOW.
- 1S16008 IFO/SCBA-Interior Firefighting Operations with SCBA starting 2/13/17 at Newstead (hosting for the Clarence/Newstead Fire Chiefs Assoc.) will be taught using the new 50-hour/16-unit curriculum format. Successful completion of BEFO-Basic Exterior Firefighting Operations with HazMat is required as a pre-requisite; the combination of which is the equivalent for Firefighter 1.
Students seeking to progress from BEFO-Basic Exterior Firefighting Operations with HazMat on to IFO/SCBA-Interior Firefighting Operations with SCBA and obtaining their Firefighter 1 certificate SHOULD APPLY FOR BOTH COURSES (1R16008 and 1S16008) NOW.
- 510-16003TTX | A NITTEC Highway Safety/Traffic Control Hands-on Exercise will be hosted at Calspan Corporation (4455 Genesee St. in Cheektowaga) starting at 6pm on Wednesday-November 2, 2016. Dinner will be provided.
Hands-on participation opportunities exist for agencies wishing to be involved in the response and set-up of the TTC-Temporary Traffic Control following the live crash created by Calspan personnel. Notify Mike Smith at NITTEC (email@example.com or 847-2450) if your police, fire, EMS or towing/recovery organization is interested in participating. See available flyer for details.
- Applications are being accepted now. Please download the new version of the Standard Training Course Application from www.erie.gov/fire. Course descriptions and pre-requisites can be found at: http://www.dhses.ny.gov/ofpc/training/documents/trainingcatalog.pdf
- Please read all of the notes below, download the appropriate documents and share them with your recruits and firefighters. Start submitting standard training course applications and NYS OFPC training authorization forms immediately.
- As always, the training schedule is a “living document” with frequent updates. PLEASE NOTE THAT MORE COURSES WILL BE FORTHCOMING SOON